Saturday 11 April 2009

So pleased with myself ;-)

I found a pattern on Ravelry for an easy crochet baby hat, just a simple pull on type. So I thought ok, I have the yarn, I have the size hook, I'll have a go. Ha! It was pretty easy but it wouldn't have fitted an egg! So I thought tension issues here, lets try thicker yarn and a bigger hook. Still no luck, despite going from the recommended 4 ply up to bamboo, and from a 4mm to a 6mm. So I added in another couple of rounds with increases and then carried on the straight part when I was happy with the circumference. I really wanted a frill too so kind of hodge-podged and guessed at increases. Just to detract from the pinkness I added a little of the daisy trim I bought the other day. And this is what I ended up with:

The hat is more baby pink than it seems in the picture but it is cute.
Think I am beginning to love crochet. It's not that easy to make up a pattern when knitting. And so easy to go back a few stitches, or even rows, if a mistake is made. Oh why was I afraid of it for so long? Although I am going to have to get a grip of this tension problem.

4 comments:

arwen_tiw said...

Oh wow well done you! :)

Pippa said...

Oh, that's beautiful!! I was having crochet help from Lucie yesterday and so I am in the very early stages of learning. Your lovely hat is very inspiring to a beginner like me!!

Unknown said...

Oh, that is just gorgeous - well done you. x

lucy said...

wow thats so cute well done you :)

xx