Saturday 16 April 2011

W.I.P's

Isn't the most amazing colourway:


I bought this one ball of Regia sock yarn last year in Wales. We were having a stroll around Aberystwyth and of course I found a yarn shop, a very nice one with a lovely chatty ?owner/assistant. I liked this colour combination so much I had to buy it despite knowing it was going to have to travel back home with us. Once home it was tucked away with the stash until last weekend when I decided it was finally time to use it. I did like working with the yarn and the sock grew quickly as the lacy pattern gave interest whilst I worked. Well until I came to cast on the second sock.......Oh well I'll get back to it soon enough.

Also on the needles is this:


This will hopefully become a cabled cardi if I can stick to it. I'm working with Sirdar Click chunky which is also from the stash. I came across it in a sale early last year and rather rashly bought 26 balls, all that was available. I was thinking of a larger version of this blanket but when I started it I was reminded too much of the old scratchy swamp coloured blankets my father used to pile on our beds in the winter. Not that the yarn is scratchy mind, just that it was a bit, well, green! 


And this is a hooky W.I.P:


Actually this one is dominating at the moment as I am enjoying working out how to do the lacy pattern. I actually pulled back the lacy part twice before deciding I actually had it right at last so now I just want to see the end result. Again it's stash wool, discovered lurking under the Sirdar Click.

So a quick update and promise I'll be back soon with some finished projects. And maybe I'll share a photo of the rapidly diminishing stash too.

-x-

2 comments:

Joxy34 said...

Oooh lovely makes; looking forward to seeing them all finished.

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see them all done :o)