Monday 30 May 2011

The knitty thing.

I finally finished off the cabled knitty thing.
A peek:


 I got round to using some of the 26 x 50g of Sirdar Click chunky I rashly bought in a sale many, many months ago, and now have a lovely cosy cardigan for Spring evenings, or daily use if the weather continues as it is just now!


The cardigan kniited up quite quickly on 7mm needles even with all the cables, but I think it needs blocking a bit more than the hurried attempt I gave. In total I used 13 balls of the yarn so I have another 13 left in the stash, although Cain has asked if I will make him a "lovely, cuddly" jumper with some of it. I have a sock waiting for a partner so might cast that on next though. Funny feeling, having no real works on the go, apart from the sock that is. I have quite a few ideas whirling around in my mind but not sure which to start on next. I do have a couple of baby gifts to whip up though so maybe I should get cracking with them........
Having said that John has been working on a gift for me which I am hoping to put into use soon so might have a new craft to share with you all.
Happy making everyone.

-x-

5 comments:

Dawn said...

Beautiful, I bet it looks lovely on too, maybe you could model it for us soon? xxx
ooh, what's the gift, I like surprises. My guess is ... a peg loom?

Sue said...

It looks so nice. You have to model next time!

Daisie said...

Lovely Cardi :)

Mad Madam Mel said...

what a fab cardi, very envious of your cabling skills

lilac73 said...

Gorgeous