Tuesday 17 August 2010

Who's a busy hooker?

But only in the rugmaking sense.
Remember this?

Well it's been stuck in the cupboard since before Heather was born so it's about time I got back to it and made an attempt to finish it off. The original plan was a cute soft little rug for a newborn baby to lay down on but the idea now is to hopefully finish it in time for when that baby get's her own room. And seeing as that will be after the older two girls move on then I might have a couple of years to go yet ;-) It's such a faffy project, I have to get all the bits out, make some room to spread them around me, and then hook away a strand of wool at a time. And it can only be done whilst Heather is sleeping as she likes to pull the wool out of the wrappers and throw them about. Or snuggle against the hooked section "aawwing" away. Well I guess that means she likes it though. So this where I'm up to with the latest WIP in the rapidly shrinking list:


And so hopefully the next to be finished. Unless of course I get distracted by a little knitting........or crochet......or cross-stitch.....
And I have promised a new knitted boobie for a colleague. And a knit for a soon to be arriving newborn.
Oh decisions, decisions.
Happy crafting everyone.
xx

No comments: