Wednesday 13 May 2009

Quick and easy.

I have a few projects on the go which are very slow moving, several pairs of socks for dearest husband which need to be finished before his hols in three weeks (eek), a stripey baby cardigan, the latch hook rug, and a top for 17 y.o. Helen. So to counter the feelings of nothing much happening I thought I would go for something quick and easy to pass an hour today. And this is what I came up with:


Open up and it's a........

crochet hook holder!
Just a square of double crochet, 30ch and about 30 rows, double crochet around the edge with a double crochet button hook, then lined in some green remnant of fabric which turned out to be the exact same colour as the edging yarn. So all I used for the whole project was some odds and ends of yarn, and the fabric and a button left over from somewhere else. Much cheaper and greener than buying one custom-made ;-)

6 comments:

Jacqui said...

You are so clever - I love that bee effect :)

Joxy34 said...

Ohh very nice indeed :)

I haven't been doing much crocheting lately and I have load of projects I want to do.

I am so impressed how quickly you've picked crochet up - but then I always tell people its nice and easy and being a knitter I think it gives you a good advantage :)

Joxy.

Unknown said...

oh, that looks fab.

Pippa said...

That is so lovely and really useful too!!

funkyhan said...

oooooh... have been thinking of getting one of these for myself... maybe I will follow in your footsteps and make myself one too... very very cool :)

lilac73 said...

You've inspired me to pick up my crochet hook again - it'll be granny squares for me, easy to do while sat in DS2's room helping him settle to sleep. p.s. Cross sending me a certain pattern off your list - I'll sort it another way, just do what you need to for you and your family, no-one else!