Monday 11 July 2011

Prettying for pretty's sake.

I don't know what's happening to me lately? I have always been a straight to the point, functional, no frills person but lately that seems to be changing. Maybe it's the little girl's effect on me. I never imagined I would have  little girl who would wear pink and sparkles and frills, none of my big girls did. But this one loves all things pretty. And now it seems this mama does too. And if proof is needed then here we go.The only thing I picked up at the car boot sale yesterday - 50p for a woven bag which I thought would be ok for storing the latest project in:


But arriving home I realised that my wools would get snagged and so a liner would be needed. And if I was going to line it then why not hide that wording too? And so lot's of hand stitching later and this is what I have:


See, functional before, but now as pretty as pretty can be!


Care to share any prettying up's with me?

-x-

5 comments:

Joxy34 said...

Oooh that is very pretty!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous xx

Inthesky said...

That is so beautiful, what a lucky old bag! I wonder if you could give me a make over! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, your bag looks amazing! You have inspired me to look at bags in a whole new way :)

Jane said...

wow so pretty you wouldn't even guess it was the same bag!