Saturday 13 November 2010

Stuff!

Needing to occupy my mind this evening I thought I would ignore the housework and do a little crafting instead.
It's turned so cold the past few days that I decided to treat myself to a nice pair of gloves:



I've had this wool in my stash for many many months but I love Mirasol wool so much that I always set it aside for a special project and then never get round to using it. These gloves only took just over one of the two 50g skeins I had so I still have enough left to knit a pair of mittens for Heather too. The wool is Mirasol Chirapa 100% merino and is just so soft and warm. The colours are pretty warming too for on the coldest of days.

I also finished off the cardigan I have been working on over the past week for Heather:



Yet another purple one, she looks so lovely in all things purple. This was knitted up on Paton's Diploma gold DK and used 3 50g balls. It's in a simple garter stitch with a crochet edging rather than the usual rib. I really like the added interest a crochet edging gives. And it's so much quicker too ;-) Actually this looks so much better on Heather than it looks in the photo. Will have to try get her to model....

Felting too has been taken it's turn, although this was an accidental make. Remember this? Well it somehow ended up in the washing machine on a towels wash and when I realised it had already shrunk to newborn size. It was too stiffly felted to be of any use to a teeny baby so I decided to turn it into something else rather than throw it away:



I used the back section of the cardigan to make this purse/zippered bag and added needle felted flowers and edging to add a bit of colour. Not sure what I'm going to do with it now I've made it but I think it's very cute and almost worth felting a piece of clothing for. And I still have the rest of the felted cardigan and the buttons looking to be used on a new project. Now I just need to think what to do with the extra large mum and baby covering cardigan that also got felted in the same wash.........

1 comment:

Pippa said...

Your makes are really gorgeous. I am very taken with those gloves. I have large hands for a woman (larger than DH's and too large for any ladies gloves)so, like my shoes and my socks, I have to buy blokes gloves which aren't usually in very pretty colours. Your gloves look so cosy and pretty! The cardigan is beautiful, your little girl will look lovely in it.

I've gone 'invite only' on my blog but I'd love to put you on the 'allowed' list if you'd like to be on it. PM me on the GP forum with your email address if you'd like to. Hope you are all well xxxx