Friday 31 July 2009

Quick fixes.

Another long pause between posts........
Well I needed to craft but it's so difficult with two spirited boys to share my time with, and then add a newborn who I can't bear to separate myself from and there is simply no time at all. I did start knitting a pair of plain white cotton leggings from Heather but 4ply on 2.75mm needles is veery time consuming, even in a newborn size. Anyway I did manage to get them done, although it took well over two weeks. And then the first time she tried them on she pooped on them so no pictures to show!
So I went for the quick and easy option instead and made a couple of small things instead.
First was a toy for Heather, a little crocheted flower/sunshine rattle. Just two crocheted circles in yellow DK on a 3.5mm hook in DC and then 8 small DC triangles in green. I embroidered the smiling face on one circle, stitched the triangles all round, oversewed the second circle to the back thus hiding all stitching/loose ends, left a small hole to stuff with two bells and wool, and then closed up. Very pleased with it. So light and tactile for little baby hands.

2 comments:

Pippa said...

That's very cute!! Getting time to do any crafting with little babies is really hard. It's amazing what we learn to do whilst feeding/rocking a baby! Talk about multi-tasking!

Earthmummy07 said...

Oh, that's beatutiful!