Wednesday 7 December 2011

Yarn along

I have knitted up a few things in the late nights but it's getting so close to the gifting time now that I am resorting to super quick knits. So for the littlest girlie I have gone back to the elf cap, only resized using aran weight yarn and 5mm needles. All good and now the matching scarf is on the needles. Garter stitch all the way with this one, firstly because Debbie Bliss cashmerino aran looks so good in garter stitch, and secondly because it is quick and mindless and can be done whilst nursing the girlie, reading stories, making plans...... you get the picture ;)
I really wanted this to be the picture to share, look at those amazing deep colours:
But in reality this is what it looks like:


Still gorgeous colours though don't you think?

Reading, well it's fairly obvious - the christmas books are out. Old books found in the charity shops, when children wanted things like rocking horses, dolls and jack in the boxes, not a video game or mobile phone in sight......

Looking forward to seeing what everyone is up to in Ginny's yarn along once again.

And a big thank you to all who read, I noticed I passed the 10,000 page views mark whist I was away. Not a lot by some standards, but amazing to me. Thanks to everyone for reading and following.

-x-

6 comments:

Gigi said...

Oooo, nice and colorful! And yes please to the old fashioned Christmas books ;).

sara said...

You've knitted up a storm in the past month or so Becks, and I'm loving that zany colour combo.........I've been picking up my grandaughter from school this week and we've been delving into my grown up childrens stash of christmas books........bliss. x

karisma said...

Yes the colours are most beautiful. I was sitting here imagining you nursing, reading and knitting all at once. LOL Brings back some joyful memories. Oh how I miss having little ones in the house full time. ;-)

Crunchy Momma said...

Becks, I love those colors! I was in the kitchen and the thought that I did not see what you were up to this week came to my mind lol. Happy to see you here for another week : )

Andria said...

Love the bright cheerful colours. And yay for old Christmas stories, that's one of the fun things about the season!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, lovely and colourful :) I bet you are chuffed with it :)